Vacature Senior Java Developer Amsterdam | Long Term Real-time platform from scratch! | Java 11, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, K8s, Azure, Kafka | €93.000 + permanent contract!
Vacancy: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you want to work in a mature software engineering culture with a good work-life balance?
- Do you like to build tangible products with a high impact for millions so that everyone recognizes your work?
- Would you like to (re)build a successful real-time platform from scratch with modern tech such as Java 11, Kotlin, Spring Boot, K8s, Azure & Kafka?
- And what do you think of an immediate permanent contract, home working options (up to 4 days a week), generous training budget, and working within a strong engineering culture?
Then don’t wait any longer, because this is the job for you!
Your employer: Organization of allure will rebuild a successful platform!
This well-known organization of allure builds very tangible software products here that are used by millions of people every day and so that everyone recognizes your work. The systems you build have a direct impact on the entire organization and its capabilities to anticipate strategically. This way you not only get a lot of satisfaction from your work, but you also know that you can make a lot of impact!
They are looking here for a new strategic route for the next 5 years. Think of modernizing the tech stack, migrating to the cloud, or taking the software craftsmanship within different teams to an even higher level. So you can really leave your mark here on the end result, on the systems, and put down something you can be proud of!
Because the products built here are used by millions of end-users (both B2C and B2B), technical issues such as scalability and improving performance are always important here. In fact, due to the large amount of customers, you get immediate feedback on your work! This immediately exposes improvements and you can take this product to a higher level, continuously learn and NEVER have a boring day!
They also maintain an excellent work-life balance here. For example, they work almost completely from home (even after Covid), they do not have too tight deadlines and you get a lot of time to develop yourself through courses and training. People here attach great value to their staff. After all, they are their most important asset! This is also expressed in generous secondary conditions. Think of: an immediate permanent contract, flexible working hours (even 4×9), knowledge-sharing sessions, ample training budget & conferences twice a year!
Your role: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
As a Senior Java Developer Amsterdam you get the opportunity to make a successful real-time risk platform even better by adding a completely new layer of different microservices. This makes the product a lot faster and more scalable! So you get the chance to choose the tech stack, design, and build different microservices from scratch! You are therefore responsible for the entire development life-cycle and can therefore step in at a time where you can make an impact for years to come. You built it, you run it!
You will work in a self-managing and autonomous team and work close to the product, so that you play a crucial role within the organization. So there’s plenty of room for the team to experiment and come up with suggestions and improvements for the product! Moreover, they are also working on other technical and complex challenges. Think of migrating to the Azure cloud or converting batch processing to real-time processing. There are still plenty of challenges ahead for the coming years and that is why people will continue to work here for many years. In short: you can learn a lot and invest a lot in personal growth and technical deepening.
Switching teams within the organization is no problem at all here. This variation allows people to learn more, work longer and never get bored. There are various growth opportunities within the company. Here you can grow towards something you REALLY want: whether that is in the role of Architect or Team Lead, everything is possible!
What is being asked?
- 4+ years of professional experience with JVM-Backend development
- A completed technical BSc or MSc such as Computer Science
- Experience in building microservices from scratch is a big plus
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Cloud such as AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- Comfortable working with relational databases
- Experience with CI/CD is a plus
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary between €70.000 and €93.000 per year based on knowledge and experience
- Permanent contract from the start
- The choice to work 32, 36, 40, or 4×9 hours a week
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home (3 to 4 days)
- €2.000 training budget and 2 times a year to conferences
- 27 vacation days
- Excellent pension!
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses
- Internal growth possible to Backend Architect or Tech Lead
- Great office very well served by public transport
Do you want to build a successful product from scratch as a Senior Java Developer Amsterdam so that you can make an impact for many years to come?