Vacature Senior+ Java Developer Amsterdam | Engineer Cutting Edge SaaS Systems for over 200K concurrent users! | Java 11, Spring Boot, Postgres, AWS, Docker | € 120.000
Your job: Senior+ Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you have experience with designing and building distributed, fault tolerant backend applications of scale, deployed onto many machines and handling huge load spikes?
- Do you love working on heavily used B2C & B2B SaaS products with already 200.000 concurrent global users and quickly growing?
- Do you love working in a strong engineering culture with high caliber colleagues with a passion for craftsmanship, with a lot of autonomy within teams?
- Would you love working closely with product to continue building amazing user centric services for the next tens of millions of users that also will start using the platform?
Then wait no longer, this job is for you!
Your employer: Fast Growing B2B & B2C SaaS Tech Company with an Amazing Engineering Culture!
As Amsterdam is developing itself to becoming the Silicon Valley of Europe, more and more high profile tech companies are opening their offices to be able to hire some of the best software engineers around! This amazingly successful and thus fast growing B2B & B2C SaaS Tech Company is doing just. Their Amsterdam office is poised to be their main development center. This offers you massive influence on the further development of the company plus great career opportunities.
For the last decade, they have been working on a SaaS based product suite that allows consumers and some of the most high profile tech companies alike have more success in their daily work. If you love to work on software that impact the daily lives of millions of people, this is truly for you!
That is why they are experiencing amazing growth. Multiple new teams are being formed, all focusing on different parts of their product suite. From new customer acquisition, how to work best with the product, how best to services their customers of scale and of course handle all of the payments! They are heavily data driven: how to best use the data to improve processes and deliver an even better user experience!
Here you will be joining a true engineering culture with a lot of freedom, autonomy, a great work life balance (no overwork culture!!), big training budgets, the best of the best hardware, the ability to go to or even speak at conferences and lots of room for creative ideas on how to solve not trivial challenges on a daily bases.!
Are you ready to strap your software engineering career to career to a rocket?
Your role: Senior+ Java Developer Amsterdam
As Senior+ Java Developer Amsterdam you really have the world at your feet! As one of the key specialists in architecture/design and building distributed, fault tolerant backend applications of scale, deployed onto many machines and handling huge load spikes you have many challenges for you to sink your teeth into.
Here you can join one of their many newly formed teams and help shape the further development of the Amsterdam office! Together with very passionate and experienced craftsmen/women you get to work on a fresh combination of greenfield work, involving architecture and design as well as helping to improve what has been built so far. Everything you will build will be of scale and is deployed for millions of monthly users and over 200k concurrent users.
Here you get to work with some of the most intelligent, fun, experienced, polyglot minded, data driven and customer centric colleagues you can desire. Together you can solve nontrivial challenges, practice functional programming (with java) and have an amazing time in Amsterdam!
As a senior java software engineer you can grow into a principal engineer or team leader.
What is required?
- 10+ years of professional backend development experience
- Experience being end responsible for software projects
- (production) experience with Java8+ or another JVM language
- Solid knowledge of java core and the inner workings of commonly used frameworks and tooling
- Polyglot mindset
- Testing is second nature for you
- Expressive communicator, solid team player and strong problem solver
- Experience with software architecture and/or as a technical lead is a big plus
- A BSc or MSc in computer science or similar is a plus
- Experience with Functional & Reactive Programming is a plus
- Experience with Spring (Boot) is a plus
- Experience with Postgres and/or Redis is a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 95.000 and € 120.000 gross per year based on experience and added value
- Company stock options available to you
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of working from home possibilities
- 25 holiday days
- Health insurance package paid for you and your family!
- Budget to set up your office at home
- Compensation for groceries at home
- Lunch, snacks (while at the office)
- Awesome company events + celebrations
- Inspiring office with great facilities!
Do you want to be part of one of the most interesting software engineering stories that is being written right here in Amsterdam?