Vacature Senior Java Developer Amsterdam | Millions of Unique Visitors per Month! | Help Overhaul Architecture, Move into Cloud and Microservices | Java8, CD, Docker | up to € 80.000
Your job: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you love to work in the center of Amsterdam and enjoy the fun of working with a very cultural diverse group of software engineers?
- Do you like to work on a very tangible product that is used by millions of people every month where you get very direct feedback from?
- Do you have lots of great ideas and do you want to help move into the cloud?
Wait no more, this might be what you have been waiting for all this time!
Your employer: A disruptor within their industry! Building a highly scalable platform that can scale to process the data of tens of millions of user per month!
This amazing (yet very unknown) online technology player in the center of Amsterdam allows millions of users to reach out to each other and exchange services. It started as a small project but has had since then grown into a European powerhouse within their market. Tens of millions unique visitors already use their systems every month, and they are growing even still!
After years of business growth now the decision is made for a radical upgrade of their platform; new components based architecture with great scalability, performance while implementing continuous delivery. They are faced with an ever growing volume of users on their systems but are held back by legacy, which is why they are really looking for senior software engineers that can help them move into the new world. Are you up for this challenge?
This technology company is medium sized with all of the founders still heavily active within the company. There is no real hierarchy, there is lots of knowledge sharing, there is quick decision making and lots of room to come up with fresh new ideas and to make an impact. Next to this the culture is highly agile; multidisciplinary teams, the dev teams have a high impact on where the company goes (technology is leading) and lots and lots of autonomy within the teams to make their own choices: true agile!
Your role: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
As Senior Java Developer Amsterdam you will work in very fun and tech savvy group multiple software engineering teams, working together based on agile practices to help innovate the systems. The key goal is to make the systems perform better, which splitting up their systems into smaller services.
We are not going to lie. They are transitioning from a monolith the a way more performant set up. This means they are busy with a major overhaul of their architecture, are moving to cloud, they are their database and are building cutting edge new features. Lots of space for good ideas! It would be great if you could help the rest of the seniors with very important task. Also being able to do automated deployments daily is something you could really help hem with.
In your role as Senior Java Developer Amsterdam you will get to speak directly with end users and internal departments to get direct feedback so you can build even better software.
What is required?
- A minimum of 5 years of professional java software development experience
- A completed Bachelor or Master’s degree in informatics, software science or similar would be highly desired
- A proponent of clean coding principles
- Experience with concurrency and high performance systems is very much appreciated
- Experience with Hibernate and Caching would be a plus
- Experience with agile
- Good communicator and collaborator
- Experience with Java8, Spring Boot, Cloud Computing and Docker would be a plus
- Experience with test automation, Docker, continuous delivery and/or event sourcing is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 65.000 and € 80.000 gross per year based on knowledge and experience
- The ability to work 40, 36 or 32 hours
- 23 holidays
- Good pension
- Yearend bonus
- Flexible working hours and working from home possibilities
- Transportation compensation
- The best hardware (MacBook = no problem!)
- Catered lunches
- Lots of room for courses, trainings and going to meetups/seminars