Vacature Senior Java Developer Amsterdam | Help to build a future market leader | Millions of end users | Scalability, Concurrency, Performance | up to 70K
Your job: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you want to experience the great freedoms of a startup and help to build a new market leader?
- But then as an affiliate of a well-established multinational parent company and benefit from all the resources, knowledge and stability?
- Are you passionate about issues such as scalability, concurrency, performance and security?
- Do you want to build a scalable platform that will serve millions of end users across Europe and make their lives easier?
Then this is interesting for you. Read on!
Your employer: An ambitious and fast-growing startup as part of an established multinational with extensive resources.
The parent company is a well-known organization with a large knowledge- & resource base regarding the sector. Everything is set to make this startup a grand success and the CEO and COO are real captains of industry. Both were senior managers with some of the most successful blue-chip companies in the world. To join now, means seizing a unique opportunity to experience from the inside, how a successful startup works! And you will get great freedom to make an impact, both on the course and growth of the organization. Here you get the best of two worlds.
At your new employer, passionate people are building the most user friendly and scalable platform in this specific niche. The journey just recently took off and the scale of things currently is minimal: only a couple thousands of users. But within a year, business owners across the whole of Europe will use this platform. This implies that the numbers of users will go well into the millions(!). The software built here, is useful for many and has a great impact.
If you come to work here, you will step into a formula for success, you will join an organization with a crystal clear vision. The trust that everyone exudes and the proven track record of the drivers of the organization (they have led several organizations to the top), means success is guaranteed. Besides being part of a new leader, you will work with senior professionals in the market and you can learn a lot how to build a successful business. This is the new Cool Blue in the industry! Do you want to experience this? Then read on how…
Your new position: Senior Java Developer Amsterdam
The main task at hand is improving and tweaking the existing platform to enhance scalability to serve millions of Europeans and providing them with the best experience – without compromising on quality. You will build new features such as a recommendation engine, additional modules and you will build smart plug-in ‘tools’ to enhance findability of the many different product groups. In the long term the platform will also be further improved by building smart API’s and by integrations. In this position you will tackle everything from a Java backend perspective to improve the user-experience for millions of customers. The organization, just like Cooblue, stands for delivering the best service in very high volumes. Here you will be part of an organization that adds real value to the marketplace.
As a Senior Java Developer Amsterdam you take on a key position in the organization and you get a lot of freedom to develop the platform. You will work directly with the CTO to achieve the ambitious goals. In one of the 2 Scrum teams (early next year there will be 3) you will act as a backend Java expert. From this angle you will solve exciting problems with your team and you will see immediate result of your creations. Software developers work close together with operations & business and TDD, CI and CD are themes that will become more and more central. Would you like to help implement TDD and CD? Then this is your best new challenge.
If you help building this success-story, you shall be well rewarded! In all areas thinkable… In terms of personal & professional development and career opportunities: Do you want to be a technical leader, or move towards a management position or architecture? Here everything possible. Your personal development is priority #1 from the first day in the office. You get all the trainings you want and you will be paid to go to conferences, attend seminars and meet-ups.
What do we expect from you as a Senior Java Developer Amsterdam?
- 5+ years’ experience as a Java developer in a professional setting
- You know Java inside out!
- A MSc or BSc degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- You are passionate about software development
- Experience with Scalable Systems is a plus, affinity is a must
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery is a plus
- Experience with Test Driven Development is a plus
- Experience with automated testing and DevOps is a plus
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Experience with Git, Sonar and/or Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with front end of mobile development (React, React native, iOS or Android) is a plus
What you get in return?
- Salary up to € 70,000 gross per year
- Good pension!
- 25 holidays
- Full coverage of travel expenses
- Flexible working hours
- Laptop/Macbook of choice
- Almost unlimited possibilities for trainings
- Visit conferences and seminars
- Shorts, boat trips, company Standups and knowledge sharing sessions
- Excellent buffet for lunch, served daily by the home cook
Do you want to be a key player in building the most successful marketleader of the future?
Apply now and send your CV to Rik van Riessen through firstname.lastname@example.org