Vacature Senior Java Backend Developer Utrecht | Distrub the global education sector with cutting edge platform with millions of users | Microservices & Scale x20 | Java17, Spring Boot, Docker, AWS, GCP, Scrum | Salary € 80,000
Your job: Senior Java Backend Developer Utrecht
- Are you interested in improving education for millions of students worldwide?
- Would you like to work on a platform that will be completely rebuilt and scaled by a factor of 20?
- Do you like challenges around setting up new architecture, transitioning to microservices, and working with a new tech stack?
- Do you like working with modern technology such as Java17, Spring Boot, Docker in an Agile Cloud environment?
Then don’t wait any longer because we have the job for you!
Your employer: Cutting edge platform helps millions of HBO and WO students worldwide
You know those organizations that arise from a certain frustration. This also applies to this tech company that originated almost a decade ago from two childhood friends who heard from their network that students lacked a platform that guided them in completing their studies. This has resulted in a cutting edge platform that has conquered the Netherlands and has significantly innovated the education sector!
The organization has reached an interesting phase because it is about to conquer the world. The scale will increase enormously because it will go from a few dozen universities to hundreds and the platform will be used by millions of students. With the aim of organized information provision, support with mental health in these challenging times, and communication options in a central location. This ultimately results in more graduate students. Talk about impact!
Technically, therefore, there are also the necessary challenges here. For example, there will be a new microservices architecture that will run completely in the Cloud, new technologies (all JVM related) will be introduced many new products will be added to the platform and the user options will increase, so a lot of Greenfield.
The organization is characterized by its informal and flexible character. The organizational structure is super flat and the head of engineering just sits comfortably on your floor and is super approachable. There is no bureaucracy here.
Your role: Senior Java Backend Developer Utrecht
In your role as Senior Java backend developer Utrecht, you will work in an Agile team of backend software engineers. You and your team will consider the various technical issues that will arise here in the coming years. People are moving from a monolith to a microservices architecture, so you can contribute ideas about the architecture. New products will be built for the platform and existing services will be refactored based on. new tech stack and fitting in the new architecture. You already hear it, there are plenty of challenges here.
As mentioned, the organization is in a very interesting phase, in which they will grow enormously. For you as a Senior Java backend developer, there are therefore plenty of opportunities to grow with the organization. This can be technically towards architecture, but also towards management as hands-on team lead.
What is being asked?
- At least 5 years of professional Java software development experience
- Experience with Java8 or higher
- Experience with Java17 is a plus
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Spring Boot and/or Docker
- Experience with public Cloud such as AWS or GCP is a plus
- Experience with microservices architectures is a plus
- Experience working in a Scrum or Spotify environment is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary between € 65,000 and € 80,000 based on knowledge and experience
- Choice of 32, 36, or 40 hours of work
- Very flexible working hours
- Lots of work from home options
- Pension scheme
- 23 vacation days
- Laptop of your choice
Would you like to make an impact for the betterment of the global education sector, developing a cutting edge platform for millions of students?