Vacature Senior DevOps Engineer Amsterdam | Build the infrastructure for a platform with millions of users | Get the freedom to apply new technologies | Public Cloud, Terraform, Microservers, Docker, Kafka, mySQL, ELK | € 88,000 + 10% bonus + Immediately a permanent contract
Your Position: Senior DevOps Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you want to set up the infrastructure for a platform with hundreds of millions of end-users?
- Do you want to be the driver of the infrastructure within a team of High-Caliber Engineers?
- What about an immediate permanent contract and earn more than € 88,000 + a 10% bonus + more generous secondary conditions!?
Then read on quickly!
Your employer: 100% Tech organization is used daily by hundreds of millions of consumers around the world
This company is one of the most challenging tech companies in the Amsterdam region to work for. Product development and innovation are the pillars on which they build. The mature engineering culture and professional management are designed to stimulate creativity and technological knowledge. Within a data-driven environment, teams work closely together to create high and effective technical standards.
The culture within the company is friendly, open and having fun is one of their pillars. They have no big egos! Agile is at the core and what drives them is their passion for using technology as a tool to continuously improve the customer experience. As this is a new position, you will be part of a fast-paced team that is constantly experimenting to reach more users. This company is built on the ingenuity of the employees, so there is always room to work on a new concept that can add value for the customer.
The systems are already about 10K events per second per service, consumers are already searching about nine thousand times per second with more than 10 million live listings. You determine what they see and think.
Stack: Public Cloud, Terraform, Microservers, Docker, Kafka, mySQL, ELK
Your role: Senior DevOps Engineer Amsterdam
As a Senior DevOps Engineer Amsterdam you are part of an elite team, with one mission: to find innovative ways to keep customers on their platform longer and bring in even more customers! This gives you the perfect opportunity to help different platforms to the Cloud with millions, billions of end-users and to optimize the infrastructure for this. You get the chance to share your knowledge and use it in the success of this organization.
Your team continuously thinks about the best product development strategy that can immediately have a huge impact, you help them to translate this into Data and Infrastructure solutions. While they adjust the product several times a day, close cooperation gives you immediate feedback. Once the software is up and running, it is rolled out to their international network and you are the person who makes sure that this software runs within their infrastructure. In addition, you will be involved in the back-end development and you will have the opportunity to take ownership of your work.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you get the chance to be the link between the Development Team and the Infrastructure. You get the opportunity to drive DevOps within the team, which means you have a huge impact on the organization and the team. You will primarily deal with the Infrastructure and mySQL databases. You are also required to run the Go applications within the Infrastructure. You help your colleagues and your team with the adoption of Cloud and DevOps principles. There are opportunities to experience strong growth too, for example, Principal Engineer or Team Lead.
What is required?
- More than 5 years of professional experience in the field of Infrastructure and/or Software Development
- Experience with CI/CD such as Jenkins
- DevOps mindset and being able to drive this within the organization
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in a fast-growing company is a big plus
- Pre experience with infrastructure as code Terraform
- Pre-experience with Public Cloud such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
What is offered?
- Salary up to € 88,000 + 10% bonus
- Immediately a permanent contract
- Flexible working hours
- 26 vacation days
- Generous training budget
- Good pension
- 1/6 part for childcare (excluding government reimbursement)
- Freedom to attend seminars as an individual or team
- Full compensation for travel expenses
- Spacious office facilities (massages every 2 weeks, weather permitting)
- Great hardware!
- €40 net per month for health insurance
- After 5 years of service, sabbatical for 1 month
- 50% discount on a gym membership
- Bicycle plan every 3 years
Are you a passionate Senior DevOps Engineer who wants to innovate, optimize the Infrastructure and make an impact on the user experience of hundreds of millions of people?