Vacature Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam | Determine Thé Future of Payments at Fintech Scale-up with Global Impact | Node.JS/Typescript, AWS Serverless, Event-Driven Architecture | €100.000 + Permanent Contract + €20.000 Stocks
The vacancy: Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you want to determine the future of payments by building disruptive, real-time products together with the best engineers coming from Amazon, Google and Facebook?
- Do you like a real engineering culture with inspiring technical management, fast decision cycles, literally no hierarchy, infinite innovation possibilities, freedom and maximum autonomy?
- Would you like to bite into architecture, design, scalability and security within a modern AWS-Serverless infrastructure?
- Do you like €20.000 stocks (which will be worth millions within a few years!), an immediate permanent contract, a pleasant work-life balance, an infinite training and conference budget and career opportunities to lead, principal or architect?
Then read on, this is your job!
Your employer: This fintech scale-up determines the future of payments!
A successful group of tech entrepreneurs who had previously built a Fintech unicorn from scratch came together with a brilliant plan to change the future of payments worldwide with disruptive, real-time products. Never before has it happened within payments that so many brilliant technicians with niche knowledge came together. Working here is like Amazon when they had 50 engineers! With these brilliant people, they do what organizations of 1500 people cannot do.
Recently, the best engineers from Google, Amazon and Facebook have chosen to work for this Fintech scale-up, because of its unique engineering culture, product and inspiring technical management. The company culture is international with people from all over the world and is experienced as open, friendly and informal. What makes the culture so unique is that there is literally no hierarchy!
The engineering culture is driven by the CTO who wrote the first code himself and is involved hands-on on a daily basis. Furthermore, everyone here is very happy with the fast decision cycles, direct discussions with management, knowledge-sharing sessions and maximum autonomy. The mindset here is that the best engineers perform optimally with freedom and responsibility and you are continuously triggered to come up with innovative ideas. You can make your own schedule and feel free to work 35 hours when the results are achieved.
The conditions are attractive, because in addition to a high salary (up to €100.000) you will receive €20.000 in stocks, which will be worth millions in a few years! You will also immediately receive a permanent contract, an excellent pension, an infinite training and conference budget, the possibility to contribute to open source and a large relocation package (if you now live outside the Netherlands).
Your job: Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam
As a Senior Backend Engineer Amsterdam you get the opportunity to build a robust backend API with Node.JS and Typescript, within an AWS-Serverless infrastructure. This is thé perfect moment to join, as a transition phase is taking place where you can determine the bigger picture and the future of this Fintech scale-up. Here you are end-to-end responsible, so you can decide the architecture & and design, run your code in AWS, build CI/CD pipelines and continuously build new features that have a direct impact on the end user.
Because millions of users from all over the world use the server and the payment traffic can never fail, scalability, security and performance are crucial and you can solve these fun challenges! You also get the freedom to be active in sub-teams next to your main team, so that you can boost your cloud skills, for example. As the load on the server is constantly increasing, concurrency and the role of Golang are becoming increasingly important!
Since the company is continuously growing, there are many career opportunities: lead, principal or architect, you can become it all here!
What is being asked?
- 5+ years of professional backend development experience
- Professional experience with Node.JS & Typescript
- Experience within scalable cloud/microservices environment
- DevOps mindset and ability to work framework agnostic
- Proactive problem-solving mindset by asking questions
- A technical bachelor or master or demonstrated a comparable level of work
- Experience with Golang is a plus
- Experience with AWS (Serverless) is a big plus
- Experience with end-to-end delivery is a plus
- Experience with architecture and design is a plus
- Experience within the Fintech industry is a plus
- Experience with security, cryptography, encryption, and compliance are pluses
What is on offer?
- Gross annual salary between €78.000 and €100.000 based on experience and added value
- €20.000 stocks!
- Immediately a permanent contract!
- Flexible working hours
- Remote opportunities
- Travel allowance
- Visa sponsorship & 30% ruling & big relocation package!
- Excellent pension
- Infinite training and conference budget
- Laptop or Macbook
- Beautiful office and free parking!
- Growth opportunities to lead, principal or architect
Would you like to determine the future of payments and make a global impact on millions of people?