Vacature Scala Developer Amsterdam | Scala, Futures, ScalaZ @ eHealth Product Development | Scala, GraphQL, MongoDB, Docker | up to € 65.000
Your job: Scala Developer Amsterdam
- Would you like to combine FP/Scala product development with making a real life impact within eHealth automation?
- Do you love working within a medium sized product company where your work really matters and has impact and you can enjoy a great work/life balance?
- Do you love working with the Typelevel stack, GraphQL, MongoDB and Docker to build cool features?
Then wait no longer, this might be your job?
Your employer: High tech product development within eHealth is helping to save lives!
This medium sized software product company in the center of Amsterdam is with their product helping to save lives within healthcare by developing automating out human errors the entire communication chain. This is no easy task: connecting all different care givers, patients AND even medical devices. If you are looking for work where you really need to think, while really helping people you have come to the right place!
They have a culture where the individual is valued, which is why they give their employees a lot of support and here you enjoy the benefits of a great work life balance. Things like flexible working hours, working from home and personal development are a standard since this company was founded years ago. They are very international, so you are bound to work with cool people from all over the world!
Also, their tech culture is one in which people collaborate on creative ideas to help the product further, improve quality or implement new technologies which can improve the overall experience for the customers. As they are growing due to success they are now looking for two medior scala developers to join their team.
Your job: Scala Developer Amsterdam
As Scala Developer Amsterdam you will work in one of the multidisciplinary feature teams to help extent their platform with great new features based on Scala, Futures, ScalaZ, GraphQL, MongoDB, Docker within a microservices architecture. You will work closely with multiple very experienced functional programming passionate scala engineers, so there is a lot to learn from each other.
Next to new features that will keep on coming for the coming years and years you will also help to increase the scalability and performance of the systems, as the platform needs to be ready to handle first hundreds of thousands of users and later even millions!
As the company is continuously growing and there is a lot of room to invest in yourself through courses, visiting seminars or reading books/blogs you have the chance to grow into senior level within the coming time.
What is required?
- A minimum of 1 years of professional scala development experience
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- A good understanding of scala’s concurrency, collections and OOP
- A good understanding of FP’s programming concepts
- Asynchronous programming experience. Twitter futures of Scalaz would be a big plus
- Experience with REST API’s
- Solid experience with SQL
- Experience with NoSQL is a plus
- Experience within CI/CD environments is a plus
- Experience within containerised environments would be a big plus
- Experience with GraphQL, RabbitMQ, Python or Typescript would be a plus
What is offered?
- € 48.000 to € 65.000 gross per year based on knowledge and experience
- a great job 5 minutes from Amsterdam CS
- 25 holidays
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home possibilities
- Travelling costs compensated
- Good hardware
Would you love to help make impact within eHealth while improving your skills on FP and Scala Development with the Typelevel stack?