Vacature Principal Software Engineer Java/Kotlin Utrecht | Help to make the world more sustainable with bleeding edge tech | Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kafka, Elasticsearch, AWS | Salary € 105.000 + stock options
Vacancy: Principal Software Engineer Java/Kotlin Utrecht
- Would you like to have an impact on making our planet more sustainable?
- What do you think of doing this for a financially stable tech scale-up that has raised tens of millions in funding since the start?
- Do you like to think along about the architecture, roadmap and technical complex backend issues with a technology stack including Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch & AWS?
- Where you can enjoy excellent conditions such as a salary of up to € 105.000 and stock options and a fully equipped home office?
Don’t wait any longer and apply!
Your employer: Real-time backend products make the world more sustainable
Sometimes there are companies that have stayed under the radar for a long time, and the moment everyone knows them you think I would have liked to be there when they were a bit smaller. Here’s your chance. This tech scale-up is working hard to make the world more sustainable with advanced technology within complex backend challenges. Recently, tens of millions in funding have been raised, this will be used, among other things, to significantly scale up the development teams.
The purpose here is clear. Hire the brightest engineers from the region and focus on such a technically complex domain, and you’ll get to areas where engineers have barely been. This is exactly what people are doing here day in and day out. This hard work over the past few years has yielded an impressive result, as they work here for clients such as Google and the largest electronic car manufacturer in the world (you know who!). This is just a sampling of the list of impressive clients.
We have entered the next exciting phase. For one of their biggest customers, a completely new real-time product will be built from Scratch, for which a new team will be formed. Furthermore, they are also going to explore new continents and Asia is the next to be conquered. From which many new greenfield projects will arise. If you want to be part of this exciting adventure, now is the right time. That is why people are also looking for Lead engineers here!
Your role: Principal Software Engineer Java/Kotlin Utrecht
In your role as Principal Software Engineer Java/Kotlin Utrecht you will work in a team of highly experienced engineers. You and your team will be resolving various technical issues related to high availability and distributed systems. You work with complex metadata, solve real-time challenges, set up completely new products and build high-available APIs. All of this is developed with Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch and AWS. Professional Kotlin experience in not a must have!
However, your role as Principal Developer Java/Kotlin Utrecht goes further than that. In addition to delving into the scope of your team, you are also active here across a team. Together with a small group of tech leads in the organization, you will think along in the big picture. Think of defining the roadmap, architectural decisions, propagating the vision of the organization in your team, cross-team thinking about organization-wide issues. Your opinion and input counts and are very important for the further growth of this scale-up.
What is being asked?
- A completed a technical bachelor or master, such as Computer Science, A.I or related is a big plus
- From about 8 years of experience in professional software development
- Coaching and mentoring experience is a plus
- Experience of modern software architectures such as event-driven, microservices and/or Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ and/or ActiveMQ is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or Docker is a plus
- Experience with EDA, DDD and/or Microservices is a plus
- Experience with Python, Golang or NodeJS is a plus
What’s on offer?
- Salary up to € 105.00 based on knowledge and experience
- Stock options
- Possible to work 100% remote
- An office in the heart of Utrecht
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours &
- Divide hours completely freely
- Minimum of 25 vacation days, but able to take more for free
- Retirement scheme
- Laptop of your choice
- Budget for your home office
Have you always wanted to work on products for a sustainable world, combined with bleding edge technology?