Vacature Principal Java Developer Amsterdam | Greenfield Prod. Dev: Realtime Streaming-Data Platform from Scratch! | Tens of millions events per day | Java17, Spring Boot, Docker, K8s, AWS, Kafka, Flink, Elasticsearch & Cassandra | €110.000 + €30k Stock Options + Bonus!
Your role: Principal Java Developer Amsterdam
- Would you like to work for a medium-sized product company that builds a global real-time data platform from scratch with unprecedented freedom in architecture, design, and stack choice?
- Would you like the software you build to be used by the largest companies in the world and thus have a direct impact on billions of consumers worldwide?
- Would you say yes to €20k to €30k in stock options, a year-end bonus, 26 vacation days, working from home 3 times a week, and just a kick-ass engineering culture?
Then don’t wait any longer, because this is the job for you!
Your employer: Real-time platform delivers unparalleled insights for the largest companies in the world!
This medium-sized international software company in Amsterdam has been very successful in recent years with their unique SaaS product. This allure software product is used by the most impactful companies in the world, with billions of consumers (yes, you read it right, billions!). This product helps them to gain real-time insight into how they can serve billions of consumers even more efficiently. What a satisfaction, knowing that your software has an impact on billions of consumers.
Although they have several very successful Dev Hubs in the world, they are now fully focused on Amsterdam as the next chapter of their great growth strategy! This allows you to work with the very best engineers worldwide, allowing you to learn a lot and grow unprecedentedly.
Joining here now means you get the unique opportunity to further shape the new Amsterdam Dev Hub, really form one of the pillars, and help shape their already great tech culture. Here, freedom, responsibility, knowledge sharing, personal development, and collaboration are the most important drivers. How cool is that?!
Because they only want to accept the best of the best here, they understand that engineers like you perform best when given enough freedom, autonomy, and responsibility. But the work-life balance is especially important at all times. For example, you can work from home 3 days a week, you are entitled to between €20k & €30k stock options (not to mention how much this will be worth in 5 years 😉), you get a year-end bonus, is there a training budget, do you get 26 vacation days and you can even work remotely for one month a year.
Your role: Principal Java Developer Amsterdam
As a Principal Java Developer Amsterdam you get the unique opportunity to build the already successful SaaS streaming product completely from scratch. Think of design, architecture, stack choice, delivery automation, scalability, performance, and code quality. You can all sink your teeth here! Amsterdam has therefore been specifically chosen as one of the international elite teams that can rebuild this Realtime Data-Streaming platform. Talk about impact!
Of course, you’ll be working with some of the brightest techies out there, who you can spar with and learn from, who know the key fundamentals of building quality scalable software that runs through tens of millions of events every day. Ownership and autonomy are not a pre here, but the standard!
In addition, you will have the opportunity to work closely with a highly experienced and inspiring CTO and to provide your input on the strategic (technical) course of the company. You should consider what kind of a boost this can mean for your career.
What is being asked?
- At least 6 years of professional backend development experience
- Professional experience with Java8+ or any other JVM language
- A completed BSc or MSc in Computer Science or similar is a plus
- Experience designing and building highly scalable, load-heavy backend services
- Experience with streaming technology such as Kafka or Flink is a big plus
- Experience with containers such as Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with cloud such as AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus
- You have a high quality, product and TDD mindset
What is being offered?
- Salary between €95.000 and €110.000 based on knowledge and added value
- + approx. 1 month end-of-year bonus
- Stock options between €20k & €30k
- 1 month per year fully remote working in the country of your choice
- 26 vacation days
- 3 working days from home a week
- Solid pension
- Travel allowance
- Macbook or Laptop
- Possibility for trainings/courses to follow
- Relocation package of €3.500
Are you a strong Principal Java Developer Amsterdam who would like to build a Realtime Streaming-Data platform from scratch so that you can make a big impact on billions of consumers?
Register now using the form below, or send your resume to Roy Schaper at email@example.com