Vacature Medior Java Big Data Software Engineer Amsterdam | Building advanced, scalable, highly intelligent software products | 100% inhouse | Java11, Spring Boot, Cloud, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes | Salary € 70.000 + bonus
Your job: MediorJava Software Engineer Amsterdam Big Data
- Do you love greenfield, product development and R&D?
- Are you super interested to learn how to build hyper scalable intelligent systems making use of machine (ML) & deep learning (DL) while staying true to your software engineering passion?
- Do you have experience with Java11+, Spring Boot, Cloud and would you like to get more exposure to Kafka, Spark, Flink, Cassandra and Kubernetes?
Wait no longer! This might be the next step in your career!
Your employer: Combining deep & machine learning with advanced software engineering to build hyper intelligent systems and products
Have you ever listened to a TED(x) talk about Big Data, Deep & Machine Learning and thought “Wow! That would be so awesome if I could work on those type of systems!”. Well, you are in luck, as this highly successful technology company in Amsterdam is the first software company in the Netherlands to have gotten it right. NOT just coming up with complex data science models, or just building a recommendation engine BUT building advanced, scalable, highly intelligent software products and systems that solve real people problems!
Here at this rising star they combine the best data scientists, data engineers AND software engineering (yes you!) to make a big impact food and beverages, construction, broadcasting, transportation, FinTech, E-Commerce and infrastructure. Solutions that can impact thousands if not millions of people or give insights in the behavior of the same numbers!
Working here being part of a fun, energetic middle sized tech company with a continuous learning culture. Meaning big enough to do the biggest projects, but small enough to know everyone by name. Here you have your own training academy, you are able to regularly go to conferences and being led by people that are regular speakers on the biggest AI conferences!
As they are very successful, with way more clients waiting to work with them than they have engineers for, they are scaling up significantly! These are very interesting times to grow your career!
Your job: MediorJava Big Data Software Engineer Amsterdam
As MediorJava Big Data Software Engineer Amsterdam you will work in one of the multidisciplinary development teams of your own colleagues to build brand new big data products. Starting with PoC’s/R&D and maturing the products in about 1 to 2 years’ time. So you are there from the beginning, are involved in architecture/design but also help mature it! Here you can easily get more exposure with tech like Spark, Flink and Kafka, while maximizing what you already know on AWS/Azure, Java11, Spring Boot and Microservices development. All product development is dome inhouse!
Combine SE and AI
Here you will get to combine the latest insight on AI with the most modern technologies & software engineering trends with building highly scalable and reliable software. You can combine creativity, curiosity and pragmatism with solid software engineering standards!
Learn from data engineers and data scientists!
There is a lot of room to learn from your very intelligent and fun colleagues from the other disciplines like data scientists and data engineers. As the company is growing you can grow into lead software engineer and software architect, being the primary contact for clients. Really being able to get the best impact and help influence the future of big data development!
As the field op big data is developing so quickly a cool part if the job is that you will get to continuously look at new technologies that help make an even bigger impact for your clients and your team members!
What is required:
- 2+ years of Java Software Engineering experience
- Experience with building highly performant and/or scalable systems
- A proponent of solid software engineering best practices like clean coding
- Experience with Java8+ and Spring Boot
- Experience within a cloud environment
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with test and delivery automation
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Experience with Cassandra, Hbase or MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with ElasticSearch is a plus
- Experience with Spark, Flink or Kafka are pluses
What is offered:
- Between € 50.000 and € 70.000 gross per year, based on added value
- + 5% yearend bonus
- Pension 100% paid by employer
- 25 holidays
- Being able to work 32, 36, 4×9 or 40 hours
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home possibilities
- Macbook or Laptop
- Public transportation compensation
- Budget for trainings, seminars and conferences (in NL and abroad)
Are you a Medior java software engineer with experience within a modern development environment and you want to get involved in the fabulous world of big data and machine learning?