Vacature Medior Java Developer Amsterdam Distributed Computing | ProdDev | Real Time, Heavy Load, Distributed Systems | Java8, AWS, Microservices, Docker | up to € 60.000 + bonus
Your job: Medior Java Developer Amsterdam Distributed Computing
- Do you love to work on heavy load real time distributed product systems?
- How about working on challenges like threading, caching, concurrency and cloud?
- How about being mentored by very experienced Java Backend Engineers?
- And to top it all off work for a very stable, successful, global operating FinTech company?
Your employer: Enabling the heavy hitters in our global economy to make the best real time decisions
We don’t have to tell you: Data is king! With a global economy that is open 24/ and continuously increasing data sources and -volumes; being able react in real time is key for any business. This very successful globally operating FinTech company is one of the leading firms in enabling this.
Here the brightest tech minds work together in Amsterdam, and a great many of their offices around the globe, to build the systems that crunch through huge amounts of data to enable the best real time decision to be made. Working here means working on the core systems that some of the biggest financial players in the world rely on to operate. Talk about making an impact!
If you are all about working on highly distributed and heavy load systems while working for a company where IT is the main asset and all your colleagues have a tech background you have come to the right place! Also, here you will be working with almost all nationalities you will find, so it’s a great place to meet new cool informal tech people, trade great ideas and overall have a great time in Amsterdam.
Your role: Medior Java Developer Amsterdam Distributed Computing
As various teams are currently scaling up due to great success we are currently looking for two senior java backend software engineers with experience in building heavy load systems. In your role as Medior Java Developer Amsterdam Distributed Computing you will get to work with a large group of very senior java backend engineers, so there is a lot to learn from good people!
Here you get tp work in one of the various product teams where you will help to extend the platform, while helping to improve architecture for performance, help moving into NoSQL and implement containerization with technology like Docker/Kubernetes.
The great thing is that you and your team are end to end responsibly for the stack; from architecture, until deployment. Also, there are still quite a lot of greenfield parts to be developed! Therefore you can really make an impact and get direct feedback from the great many of client using the systems for their daily business you and your team build.
As they have multiple teams and multiple java software engineers working in Amsterdam, you always have the chance to move around between teams, learn other things, work on other parts of the system and even grow into lead developer in the future if you would like. Here they are always growing!
What is required?
- A minimum of 2 years of software engineering experience
- Good experience with java software development
- Good comprehension of data structures
- Good technical Beta MSc working level
- A good team player
- Clean coding proponent
- Familiar with modern software engineering best practices like CI, Test Automation and Agile
- Experience building Microservices is a plus
- Experience with Delivery automation and automated testing is a big plus
- Experience with AWS, Kafka, Docker and NoSQL would be a big plus
What is offered?
- Between € 45.000 and € 60.000 gross per year + annual bonus
- Good pension
- 24 holidays
- Public transportation compensation
- Budget for training, conferences and going to meetups
- An indefinite contract!