Vacature Lead Software Architect Amsterdam Distributed Systems | Be the Technical Vision for The Global Expansion of this Fast Growing Consumer Tech Company | € 140.000
Your job: Lead Software Architect Amsterdam Distributed Systems
- Do you love working on systems that deliver real life value to millions of consumers every day?
- Do you have a very strong track record in designing and building heavily distributed teams?
- Do you want to be the technical vision that enables a quickly growing consumer tech company to revamp their architecture and codebase to be able support hundreds of software engineers?
Then wait no longer my friend, this might be your next job!
Your employer: Silicon valley level consumer tech company opening its doors right here in Amsterdam!
If you have been waiting to jump on the fast moving train of a rapidly growing tech train (lots of growth possibilities!) of a heavily used global consumer product you have come to the right place. This 100% tech company already services millions of consumers every day and this user base is growing over 15% per month! And the best thing overall is that their platform is truly enabling their users to have a fuller, richer life!
Their culture is very (spotify) agile, with quick decision cycles, lots of autonomy and influence with within teams, high energy people with a can-do mentality. They invest heavily in their people which is why here you will have BIG training budgets, will have a lot of room to go to conferences, meetups or do any course that enables you to be all you can be!
After years of continuous growth, they have now opened a new chapter in their already very impressing story. In which you will get the chance to help them develop their brand new greenfield machine learning powered services while transitioning from a monolith to microservices architecture.
We have recently opened their new office in Amsterdam (next to the train station) and are now looking for the best senior and principal level backend software engineers to help build the next generation of heavily distributed intelligent systems based on the latest technologies and software engineering best practices.
Are you up for it?
Your role: Lead Software Architect Amsterdam Distributed Systems
As Lead Software Architect Amsterdam Distributed Systems you will be THE vision for everything related to backend engineering. You will lead the technical systems development across all the development teams (through a limited number of tech lead direct reports), both in Amsterdam and another location in Europe. If you are looking for role where you can make an impact wait no more, this is your job!
You will translate the company vision into backend development strategies, while solving very technical challenges to scale tools and infrastructure to support hundreds of developers. Also you get to design architecture, define coding standards/best practices, do R&D and drive these standards and your vision through the organisation.
Think about it: Pulling in fresh ideas on development trends, languages, frameworks and best practices; a creative and technical expression of yourself. Also you will get to spearhead the transition from a monolith to microservices architecture.
The great thing about this role is that your core focus is technology and architecture; not delivery; enabling you to lay the foundation for the further growth of the ever increasing scale of the backend systems.
You get to add all of this on top of an already rich history and culture driven by true agile, passionate software engineering fundamentals, a great work life balance and lots of freedom (flexible hours + working from home possibilities).
What is required?
- An impressive track record in designing and building heavily distributed / large scale systems
- A strong communicator and experience with technical leadership of backend teams
- 8+ years of professional experience with a JVM language, Go or Python
- Technical BSc or MSc Level in Computer Science, Informatics or similar is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of various modern development languages, distributed systems architecture, design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Experience with monolith to micro services architecture
- DevOps mentality
- Experience with queuing/streaming technology
- Experience within a cloud environment
- Experience with NoSQL technology
What is offered?
- Between and € 100.000 and € 140.000 gross per year!
- Very flexible working hours
- Working from home possibilities
- An amazing office with great facilities within the Amsterdam ring, close to the train station!
- Big training budgets
- An amazing journey in which you can help conquer the world AND boost your career!
Do you want to be tech backend vision that enables the global expansion of this impressive global consumer product?