Vacature Lead Scala Developer Amsterdam | Build Real Time & distributed systems that help save lives! | Scala, Akka, NoSQL, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes | up to € 82.000
Your job: Lead Scala Developer Amsterdam
- Do you love taking a technically leading role building cutting edge real-time data processing systems with Scala?
- Do you like working on diverse projects so you can continuously be challenged with different things to solve?
- How about working with a large group of other very passionate functional programming enthusiasts?
- Do you like to help influence the technical vision and the course of knowledge sessions?
Then read on, this might just be the job for you!
Your employer: The place you go to when you need robust systems built based on Scala
Here you will join one of the most successful scala collaboratives you can find in the Netherlands. This professional services company helps clients set up the best software engineering environment, infrastructure and delivers very innovative real-time data processing solutions or highly distributed systems based mainly on technologies like Scala, Akka Streams, Akka HTTP, Cloud, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes. These are long terms projects where you can always switch after 9 months, or of course stay for the duration of the system development. This means you can continuously build quality but can also see different environments. Although they always choose the right technology for the right solution and mainly focus on software engineering, less data engineering.
Their culture is very technologically driven, with regular knowledge sessions, room to go to seminars, choose your best hardware and where on Friday everyone has free time to focus on themselves. On google Friday everyone can contribute into a cool PoC, research a new tool or framework you would like to get more acquainted with or just do some pair programming with some colleagues you want to learn from. All to help you grow yourself!
Your job: Lead Scala Developer Amsterdam
After they have grown significantly in various regions in the Netherlands they are now looking to scale up their Amsterdam office, as they have multiple very interesting long lasting projects here. Currently, one project in particular where they are building a real-time big data IoT system which will impact hundreds of millions of consumers all over the world is particularly interesting, long lasting and the big reason to scale up here. You and your team will help save lives! By working on this (and future projects) you will have the chance to make a big impact.
You as Lead Scala Developer Amsterdam will have a technical leadership role in which you help design, architect and deliver the best solutions from the Amsterdam office. You will be the primary point of contact for the client(s), will help to keep coding standard high, help mentor less experienced developers and the further help develop a strong software engineering/knowledge sharing culture for this office.
If you are a strong functional programming proponent, you love to help mentor great engineers and like to work with very modern technologies this could very well be the job for you!
What is required?
- A minimum of 7 years of professional software engineering experience
- Good experience with Scala and building distributed systems
- A strong communicator and able to get people on board with your ideas or create consensus
- Passionate about clean coding and overall high-quality software engineering
- Experience doing stakeholder management is a plus
- Experience with Akka Streams, Akka HTTP or Kafka is a plus
- Experience with Microservices architectures is a plus
- Experience with Cassandra or MongoDB is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud or AWS is a plus
- Experience with Queuing technology is a plus
- Experience with delivery automation is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 70.000 and € 82.000 gross per year
- € 3500 training budget per year
- 26 holidays
- Transportation costs fully compensated
- The best hardware you need
- Good pension
- Regular knowledge sessions
- Lots of room for conferences
Are you a lead scala developer or aspiring to be one?
Be sure to send your CV to email@example.com