Vacature Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam | Disrupting the Payments & Public Transportation industry! | Kotlin, Vert.x, AWS, DynamoDB, Concurrency, Multithreading | € 91.000 + indefinite contract
Your job: Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam
- Do you love leading a dev team while designing and building highly tangible high-quality long-term highly available non-trivial greenfield systems that impact millions, while working from home/your own office with your own colleagues?
- Do you enjoy sparring with some of the most experienced and tech-savvy lead developers and software architects around?
- Would you enjoy working for a medium-sized highly successful custom software engineering firm with a culture so great that people tend to work there for over 10 years?
Your employer: The smartest software engineering minds Disrupting the world of Payments!
This custom software engineering firm is one of the best kept secrets of the Amsterdam region, with a track record that counts back several decades! Started by some of the passionate software engineers around, looking continuously solve complex but very tangible challenges, add value to millions and be a place where people who love software craftsmanship never want to leave.
The rest is history, with some of the most impactful clients within FinTech, Payments and Public Transportation within Europe using their services for many decades. These long trusted relationships allow you to only work on high-quality impactful and long-term projects. By simply always focusing on quality they have gotten to be known as that awesome bunch of engineers that simply always overperform and get the job done.
Working here means being part of a tight-knit group of very passionate software engineers that love innovation, working together, sharing knowledge and diversity in long-term non-trivial projects. All greenfield! So there is always opportunity to use the best tech of the moment and see maximum impact. All working from home/the office with your own colleagues. This is NOT consultancy!
Your role: Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam
As Lead Kotlin Developer Amsterdam you have one of the most impactful engineering roles within the company! Sitting at the round table with the other lead developers, you get to influence the further development of the organization!
You will be in the (technical lead) on long-term high-quality greenfield projects lasting between 1 to 2 years. From architecture/design, team formation and hands-on overseeing delivery, mentoring your team and helping them be all they can be.
As you will be working on challenging, heavily used, highly secure, and available systems processing hundreds of millions of transactions you get to deal with a broad range of topics to keep you continuously engaged. Concurrency, multithreading, SQL, idempotency, syn/asynchronous communication, automated testing, deployment, monitoring, even cryptography. You name it, here you will get to work with it!
If you want to work with inspiring friendly and overall super passionate engineers like yourself while building long-lasting systems that deliver value to millions daily you have come to the right place!
What is required?
- A minimum of 5 years of professional software engineering experience
- A solid communicator with a strong vision on high-quality robust software development
- Professional experience with Java and Kotlin
- Experience with architecture and design
- Solid knowledge of and experience with the benefits of monoliths and microservices
- Knowledge of concurrency and threading
- Experience with automated testing, deployments, and packaging
- Solid understanding of SQL and transactions
- Experience within a cloud environment, AWS is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 75.000 and € 91.000 gross per year, based on knowledge and experience
- An indefinite contract!
- The possibility to work 40, 36, or 32 hours per week
- Visa sponsorship (if required)
- Lease-car or mobility benefit, although you only incidentally go to clients
- Solid pension
- 27 holidays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Flexible working hours
- Many working from home possibilities