Vacature Lead Java Developer Amsterdam | Setting up a new Java/Kotlin Business Unit from Scratch | Growing up to CTO | Indefinite contract & shares | Salary € 95.000 + bonus
Vacancy: Lead Java Developer Amsterdam
- Does it seem like a big challenge to you to shape a new Java/Kotlin Unit together with passionate colleagues?
- Do you want to have the opportunity to play a leading role in this with career opportunities to become CTO of the unit?
- Have you always had a business sense besides a passion for tech?
- Would you like to be well rewarded with a salary of up to € 95.000, bonus, stock options, indefinite contract and much more?
Then don’t wait any longer because we have the job for you!
Your employer: Setting up a Java/Kotlin Unit from scratch in a very strong tech scale up
Some companies just get it. It’s something that’s hard to explain, but when you talk to them it just makes sense. The people who work there, the passion they have for their profession, the challenging projects that they continuously manage to bring to success, it’s just right! Likewise with this tech organization. This tech company has been an authority in their field from the very beginning, laying the foundations by organizing the largest tech events worldwide in order to bind a community to them. A wonderful tech company has emerged from this community, where about 50 people, almost exclusively engineers, work with passion every day.
The past few years have been a great adventure. Growing from zero to fifty software engineers in a little bit over 3 years makes their authority is growing rapidly. More and more they play an absolute leading role in the Netherlands. Something that one would not have dared to dream of. But with these successes, they have the ultimate blueprint of how to successfully build a new tech unit from the ground up. This is exactly what they will now do with the JVM (Java & Kotlin). And that is why they are looking for a Lead Java Software Engineer (and many Seniors) who will make this big dream come true together with them.
The culture here is everything you hope to find as an engineer. Knowledge sharing is key here the organization is super flat, without bureaucratic management. They organize the largest tech event in the world here and have become a real authority. The culture here is open and friendly and offers good career opportunities that you don’t easily see elsewhere.
Your role: lead Java Developer Amsterdam
In your role as lead Java developer Amsterdam, you will get a unique position within the organization. You will be one of the first Java Software engineers and this gives you the opportunity to further shape this unit together with the two founders of the company. You can draw on the knowledge that they have already gained here for their other engineering discipline.
In your role as a leading engineer, you get the chance to take ownership of a wide variety of challenges. You can think of hiring your own team, technical vision for the new Java/Kotlin Unit. Organizing meet-ups and (international) conferences. Taking a leading role in one of the cutting edge projects, because in the end, you are still hands-on for 80% of your time.
As a Leading Java Developer, you will have to deal with a wide range of technical issues, such as setting up microservices environments, Cloud Native project, designing and building scalable solutions and building entire systems from scratch. Sufficiently diverse modern challenge and contemporary times.
In your role as a leading Java developer, you get the opportunity to grow as CTO/Head of this new unit and with that also in stock options in the organization!
What is being asked?
- From about 5 years of professional JVM software development experience
- Preferably a completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science
- Basic Dutch communication skills and willingness to improve
- Interested in entrepreneurship and enthusing people
- Experience in leading a small team is a plus
- The ambition to grow as a person, engineer and lead is a requirement
- Experience with Java & Spring boot
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with microservices, Docker and/or k8s is a plus
- Experience with Cloud such as AWS or GCP is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile and TDD is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary between € 75.000 and € 95.000 knowledge and experience
- Indefinite contract
- Bonus scheme that grows with your team
- Stock options
- Mobility allowance or company car
- Laptop of your choice
- Excellent pension arrangement
- Very generous training budget
Would you like to be part of one of the biggest success stories of recent years, where you get the chance to help build a Java/Kotlin Unit yourself? Where you can grow in the role of CTO and you are generously rewarded for this with bonuses and shares? Have you always had entrepreneurship in you?