Vacature Lead Data Engineer Utrecht | Scale-Up with millions of funding builds high available & Real-time systems for a sustainable world | Python, Spark, Airflow, AWS | Salary € 90.000 + stock options
Vacancy: Lead Data Engineer Utrecht
- Does it seem cool to you to have a direct impact on making the world more sustainable?
- Would you like to do this for a tech scale-up with millions of funding?
- Would you like to work on technical issues on the border of what is possible every day?
- Do you enjoy working on complex technical issues with technologies such as: Python, Spark, Airflow, AWS, AWS and EDA?
Don’t wait any longer, because you don’t get such a chance every day!
Your employer: Well-founded tech scale up has a major impact on making the world more sustainable!
Sometimes there are companies that have remained under the radar for a long time and the moment everyone knows them you think, how I would have liked to have been there when they were a bit smaller. Well, you did it. This Silicon Valley tech scale-up is working hard to make the world substantially more sustainable with bleeding-edge technology. We don’t see companies like this very often in the region.
The goal is clear here, focus on an industry where the most returns can be made to make the world a more sustainable and greener place. Hire the brightest minds in the region and focus on such a technically complex domain and you will enter areas where engineers have barely been. This is exactly what they have done here, good results have been achieved and thus many millions in funding have been raised to further shape this. And not without result, because they work here for impressive clients such as Google Nest and the largest electronic car manufacturer in the world!
The organization has its origins here in the Netherlands, so their development hub is also located in the heart of Utrecht. You will work in a very flat and transparent organizational culture. As an engineer you have a lot of freedom and trust here. For example, the organization has embraced remote working, you can completely determine your working hours yourself and days off are not counted here.
Your role: Lead Data Engineer Utrecht
In your role as Lead Data Engineer Utrecht you will join a highly skilled and experienced team of Data Engineers and Data Scientists. You will mainly work hands-on, but also a small part of team / people management. Of course you also work together with other developers such as backend & front-end. You and your team will focus different big data challenges around their high available and distributed real-time systems.
The most important project for now is very challenging as you and your team will design and develop a new Data Lake from scratch. Currently, the company has developed other solutions, but as the business is growing rapidly, a new data lake is needed.
Improving current but especially building new data pipelines will also be important. The roadmap contains a plan for building a brand new Machine Learning forecasting pipeline. Here you will run into issues that few engineers have had to deal with. So working here means working on the boundary of what is possible with technology.
In your role as Lead Data Engineer you manage a small group of skilled data engineers. In this role it is also your responsibility to grow people, help with their career planning, coach on the job and also hire people yourself as your team grows. Currently, the Head of Engineering, still one of the best techies out there, runs the entire organization. As the business grows, and so does the team, he can really use a hands-on right hand to continue growing the business.
What is being asked?
- And completed technical Bachelor or Master, such as Computer Science or A.I
- At least 5 years of professional Software / Data Engineering experience
- Experience with software development is a plus
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Spark and / or PySpark
- Experience with AWS and / or Terraform is a plus
- Experience with Kotlin, Java and / or Scala is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
What’s on offer?
- Salary up to € 90.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Stock options!
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours & to allocate hours completely freely
- Both remote and office work possible
- 25 vacation days, but these are not tracked
- Laptop of your choice
Have you always wanted to work for a very well-founded tech scale up that builds products for a sustainable world?