Vacature Kotlin & Scala Developer Utrecht | Build data intensive greenfield systems with Kotlin, Scala, Akka, Cloud, Kubernetes | Up to €70.000 + secondary benefits
The job: Kotlin & Scala Developer Utrecht
- Are you an incredible fan of functional programming ?
- Do you enjoy working on data intensive systems with many end users and is beneficial to public interests?
- Do you enjoy working for an organization that is eager to invest a lot in you and your development ?
- And you enjoy working with Kotlin , Scala, Akka , AWS / GCP, Docker and Kubernetes ?
Then this is the job for you!
Your employer: Specialist in building data intensive applications based on Functional Programming
This medium-sized highly specialized technology organization has been building successful data intensive (greenfield) systems for many years for customers in and relevant to the public sector. They are very passionate about functional programming! They’re current stack consist of Scala/Akka , Kotlin and Cloud in the backend and in the frontend they mainly use React , RxJS , TypseScript and Angular7.
Above all this beautiful technology is the beauty of their customers and the fact that they have thousands, if not millions, of end users . So you can really make an impact here. Both technically and to society! Because of their size they are very flexible, personal and you really feel heard. The management is always open ears and your input really matters!
Within their company culture they are convinced that only with the best people they are able to build the best software. That is why a lot is invested in you to be the best engineer . They have an active partnership with Lightbend, a large training budget, regularly attend conferences and there is actually no books with subjects of your interests, that they will not pay for you! Also with their flexible working hours and one day working from home policy it’s easy to create the perfect balance between work and your private life, so you actually have more time to invest in your career as a Kotlin & Scala Developer!
Your role: Kotlin & Scala Developer Utrecht
As a Kotlin & Scala Developer Utrecht you work together with your colleagues in a full stack team on impressive greenfield projects within varied industries. Because you work closely with your front-end colleagues there is always room for sharing knowledge. This is great if you are interested in developing your full stack software engineering skills.
As you may already know, the world is becoming more and more data driven. You are therefore seen as “the A team” by high profile customers within and relevant to the public sector, to help them turn their complex automation issues into elegant software solutions. You are most certainly not only hired for your code, but also for your vision on qualitative software engineering in cloud environments.
Here you are closely involved with your team lead from the beginning. From design/architecture to implementation and deployment. This way you can learn a lot and you always see the impact of the systems you are developing.
Being a Scala developer / engineer within the organization allows you to develop your career to great heights. All the facilities are in place to help you grow to the best senior you can be. But you can also (if desired) develop your leadership skills and take the lead as a lead developer or software architect. Here the training and guidance is ready to help you achieve this!
What is required?
- A clear interest in (and preferably experience with) functional programming
- Professional experience with developing with java , scala or another JVM language
- A completed bachelor or master in computer science or related study
- Experience with Microservices is a plus
- Experience with Kotlin is a plus
- Experience within an AWS or GCP environment is a plus
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 40 000 and € 70 000 gross per year based on knowledge and experience
- Lease car or mobility allowance
- The possibility to work 40, 36 or 32 hours
- 10% of your working time free for R&D on topics that help the company
- Up to 8% year-end bonus
- 1 homework day
- Great training budget + lots of room for visiting seminars
- Net expense allowance
- Free internet package for home
- 27 vacation days with the possibility to purchase more
- Premium-free pension
- A permanent contract from the start!
Are you interested in bringing your career within functional programming as a Kotlin & Scala Developer Utrecht, to new heights within a very pleasant informal club of experienced software engineering professionals?