Vacature Java Software Engineer Wageningen | Build highly tangible products that enable us to access healthy food | Java11, Spring Boot, Docker, Spark, GraphDB, NoSQL | Salary up to € 68.000 + 36 vacation days
Vacancy: Java Software Engineer Wageningen
- Would you like to work for a company that is responsible for the development of better vegetables, without the use of genetic engineering?
- Does it seem cool to you to have a contribution to better nutrition for all over the world?
- Do you enjoy working in an environment with a lot of technical freedom and a lot of greenfield projects?
- Do you like to work with a modern tech stack such as: Java11, Spring Boot, Docker, Spark and GraphDB and NoSQL and for enthusiasts also a bit of Scala and Python?
Then this is the job for you!
Your employer: Highly tangible products provide healthy nutrition for our world population
Eating, we do it every day and preferably as healthy as possible. But how is it actually ensured that our diet is getting healthier? This small technology company has been the understanding of improving our nutrition for decades. Here software engineering, big data, Meta data and years of scientific research have been combined to build various bleeding edge products. This organization ensures that we as consumers have access to increasingly healthier crops. How cool is that! It is important to know that this is NOT about Genetically Modified Organism (GMO)! So 100% pure nature!
Innovation is of paramount importance and you end up in a real R&D culture where you get a lot of freedom to experiment with new technologies. The products that are developed here have to do with the processing of very large amounts of data.
With a new CEO the course will only have more positive challenges for the engineering team. There are quite a few greenfield development projects on the roadmap for the coming years. For example, new high available open APIs must be developed. A new solution will be built to deal with the Meta data, working with GraphDB, for the processing of large amounts of unstructured data. This is because we are in a transition here that what has been researched at a scientific level and demonstrably works, must now be developed at a global industrial level. These are mostly greenfield projects with many scaling challenges. Does that sound like something to you?
The organization is characterized by a very informal and flexible character with a good work life balance. So you can enjoy 36 vacation days and the possibility to work from home, the working hours are also flexible. Furthermore, there is an unlimited training budget and people regularly attend conferences such as the GoTo, DevOxx and Code Motion. This gives you enough space during working hours to keep abreast of the latest developments.
Your role: Java Software EngineerWageningen
In your role as an experienced Java Software Engineer Wageningen you work with a team of engineers on the various products that are being developed by this organization. As can be read, you and your team will be involved in the development of a number of greenfield projects. The aim is to achieve qualitative results even faster. But there is also a product that has been tested at a scientific level and you will play an important role in having this scaled at an industry level. The ultimate goal is of course better nutrition.
In addition to the greenfield projects, the existing systems will also be continuously improved. The nice thing is that you will not only see a small part of the application landscape, but you will work across the full breadth of the products.
As an experienced Java software developer Wageningen you will have the opportunity to grow in the role of lead developer. In this role you will increasingly take on technical leadership and you can help determine the technical course of these products. And remember, this is how you can influence healthier food around the world! How cool is that.
What is being asked?
- A completed Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable
- Minimum of 4 years of professional Java Software Engineering experience
- Experience with Spring, preferably Spring Boot, is a plus
- Experience with Docker and / or Microservices is a plus
- Experience with building REST APIs is a plus
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop and / or NoSQL is a plus
- Experience with MySQL and / or Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with Python or Scala is a plus
- Experience with CI / CD, Clean Coding, automated testing and TDD is a plus
What’s on offer?
- Salary up to € 68.000 based on of full time employment
- 36 vacation days based on full time
- Excellent pension scheme
- Possibilities to work from home
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited training budget
- Time to attend (international) conferences
- Travel allowance