Vacature Java Developer Amsterdam | Innovative Platform helps tens of thousands of students to reach their maximum potential | Ed-Tech | Java 17, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Micronaut, Docker, EKS, AWS & PostgreSQL | €75.000 + permanent contract
Your job: Java Developer Amsterdam
- Do you want to make a huge impact in the lives of tens of thousands of students by taking their education to a higher level?
- Do you like challenges around setting up new architecture, moving to the AWS cloud and experimenting with new open-source tech and work with Java17, Kotlin, Spring, Micronaut and AWS-native?
- Do you want to work within a close-knit engineering culture where there is plenty of room for knowledge sharing, attending conferences, R&D days, and even open-source contribution?
Then don’t wait any longer, because this is the job for you!
Your employer: Enables students to reach their maximum potential through an innovative E-Learning Platform
This medium-sized and very successful company from the heart of Amsterdam has made a huge positive impact on the lives of students in recent years. Their innovative platform enables tens of thousands of students to learn more efficiently and to reach their maximum potential within Europe! The software you build is therefore extremely tangible and socially relevant. Perhaps this platform could have used your study time to a higher level. Who knows, maybe one of your friends or family members will graduate by means of this E-Learning platform! How cool is that?
The company has entered an interesting phase. They want to double in size in the next two years. This applies to both the tech team and the number of end users. This creates enough challenges around architecture, the transition to the AWS cloud, and implementing new tech. Enough to do for years to come!
The organization is characterized by its informal and flexible character. The culture is very tight-knit. Apart from a very flat structure (where the CTO is simply your direct colleague) with room to work from home and flexible working hours, people like to do fun things together. Think of lunch together, visiting company parties and conferences. It really is a joy to work here!
In addition, there is a close-knit engineering culture here. Lots of freedom, autonomy, and responsibility. This is reflected in regular R&D days where you can work on pet projects, or even contribute to open-source projects. You get all the space for this and this is even encouraged. In short, there is a lot of room to keep growing.
Your role: Java Developer Amsterdam
In your role as Java Developer Amsterdam you can make an impact on the entire technical roadmap where you get full ownership of building new features from scratch. Think of architectural decisions, event-driven, cloud/DevOps, test automation, and even frontend. You can sink your teeth into this. This way you stay challenged for longer and get the best out of yourself!
Moreover, you get the full scope to experiment with the latest open source tech. Think of Kotlin or Micronaut, which they have been working on for the past few months. Almost anything is possible here.
As mentioned, the organization is in a very interesting phase, in which it will grow enormously. For you as a Java Developer, there are therefore plenty of career opportunities within the organization from Senior to Tech Lead. In addition, after three years of service, you are eligible for shares and you can become a co-owner so that this can even be your pension!
What is being asked?
- 2+ years of professional Java software development experience
- Experience with Java11 or higher
- Experience with Kotlin is an advantage
- Experience with modern frameworks such as Spring Boot and/or Docker
- Experience with public Cloud such as AWS or GCP is a plus
- Experience with microservices architectures is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation is a plus
What is offered?
- Salary between €55.000 and €75.000 based on knowledge and added value
- Immediately a permanent contract!
- Work 40, 36, or 32 hours
- Very flexible working hours
- Work from home for 3 days
- 27 vacation days
- Solid pension
- Travel allowance
- MacBook Pro or laptop
- Generous trainingbudget of €3.000
- Extra days for self-study or open source contributions
- Regular drinks and company parties
- Stock options after 3 years of employment
As a Java Developer Amsterdam, do you want to make a positive impact on the lives of tens of thousands of students with the software you build?