Vacature Hands on Java Software Architect Amsterdam | Redefine how SE Consultancy is done! with 100% A’dam Based SE Projects | Java8, Cloud, Microservices, Architecture | up to € 94.000
Your job: Hands on Java Software Architect Amsterdam
- Are you a strong communicator and would you like to expand your circle of influence?
- Do you like to help make an impact that goes further that just your code?
- Do you want to build great software in ONLY Amsterdam based on Cloud, Architecture, Microservices and Agile Practices?
- How about a permanent contract, up to 2 month bonus and getting paid one day per week to invest in yourself?
Then you have come to the right place my friend, read on!
Your employer: Redifining how Software Engineering Consultancy is done!
Have you noticed that a lot of the times when you are building kick ass software the quality of your code is not the bottleneck? Reasons might be lack of communication, not adhering to the best software best practices, vague requirements, less than modern technologies or lack of quality people working on the project.
But hey, of course their main deliverable is great software! Don’t get us wrong. (Great engineers want to build great code we all know!). What these guys help their client with too, are all of the things that are so crucial to get right in order to be able to produce, test and run great code! As they are scaling up, you can definitely still leave your mark and help shape the organization.
They are thought leaders in how to engineer code in our modern age. Architecture, Design, Cloud, Delivery Automation, Clean Coding, Reactive Programming, Intelligent Systems, Agile best practices: These guys are the place to be to soak it all up! It is no wonder they are growing so quickly as they are. As a well-funded scale up they have deep pockets for people, training and benefits (indefinite contract, getting paid on Friday to work on yourself AND between 1 to 2 month yearend bonus!)
Due to great success we are now looking for one more Hands on Java Architect Amsterdam that would like to take part in the Architecture round table and help form this organization further! Are you in?
Your role: Hands on Java Software Architect Amsterdam
As Hands on Java Software Architect Amsterdam you immediately join a very capable and overall fun group of people. The best software engineers from all over the globe have come together to join their ideas, experience and passion in what can truly be called the A-Team of Amsterdam. As Hands on Java Software Architect Amsterdam you will also join the hiring squad, help building this great company!
You as Hands on Java Software Architect Amsterdam will have technical leadership on a challenging software project you get to cherry pick yourself. From speaking with customers, helping them understand their challenge helping them to solve it and ofcourse working as hands on technical lead to lead your coding squad to build the solution for them. Although software is generally the main deliverable, you will also help them improve their entire software engineering environment so they (and later you and your team) can build great software.
You get to choose the type of project (3 to 9 months) in Amsterdam that you would like to work on, based on what you are great at already or would like to learn more from. So enough time to really make an impact, but as soon as the big challenges are over you can move on. These are generally project too complex for your clients to do themselves. That is why they need you!
The great thing about this is that you will always work in Amsterdam AND always with your colleagues! That way you can really work the way you want and instill at your client what you need to help them forward.
Friday: Google Friday! Getting paid to invest one day a week in yourself!
On Friday you are always at your head office in Amsterdam, working together and investing in yourself From Monday to Thursday you work with your team in Amsterdam with your client.. Next to training you will also have access to all of your very experienced colleagues to share insights. You could spend time by doing a course, contributing to open source projects, going to a meetup or seminar, sparring with each other or whatever works for you. Here you get paid to boost your career!
What is required?
- A minimum of 7+ years of professional java software development experience
- Emotionally intelligent and a strong communicator
- Excellent architecture knowledge and experience
- Experience with hands-on leading of one or more software development teams
- BSc or MSc Computer Science or similar educated
- Experience as Polyglot engineer is a big plus
- Experience with Spring Boot, Kafka, Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes are pluses
- Experience with TDD, DDD, CI, CD and DevOps is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 75.000 and € 94.000 annually
- Between 1 to 2 month yearend bonus (paid our quarterly!)
- 27 holidays
- The best hardware
- An indefinite contract
- Public transportation costs fully compensated
- Vast training budget and budget for seminars, also abroad
- As their client network is global you can also choose to do short projects abroad!
Are you a Hands on Java Software Architect Amsterdam and do you want to make an impact far beyond code within the Amsterdam market?
Don’t wait and send you CV to Robert Hawker via firstname.lastname@example.org