Vacature Experienced Golang Engineer Amsterdam | Heavy Load Backend Systems | Silicon Tech Company | Billions of Messages per day! | Microservices, Kafka, GCP, Kubernetes | € 90.000 + Permanent contract + Relocation package
Vacancy: Experienced Golang Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you love working on highly tangible mission critical heavily used consumer backend systems that process billions of messages for hundreds of millions of people from all over the world?
- Would you love working in an autonomous agile squad of highly skilled backend engineers while enjoying lots of freedom, autonomy and responsibility?
- How about enjoying great benefits like a permanent contract, child day care paid, 4 weeks per year working abroad remote, big training budgets and amazing office facilities?
Sounds like a cool job? Be sure to read on!
Your employer: Fulfilling a basic need for hundreds of millions online consumers every single day!
This 100% online tech company located in the Amazing city of Amsterdam is one of the software engineering gems to work for within Europe. With their online services, they fulfil a basic need for hundreds of millions of consumers every day, enabling people to share more and waste less. So if you love sustainability, building tangible solutions and working for a famous organization this is for you!
For over a decade they have not only built a vast arrange of online services, but also a kick ass engineering culture with a lot of responsibility and freedom: You write it, you run it! They have fully embraced the power of hiring the most intelligent people and giving them the trust, autonomy and freedom to take off. Innovation is mainly driven by the development teams, which you will always have a lot of room to keep the business sharp with all the new possibilities of innovation!
Year on year they have successfully grown, and due to the current global situation, this has only increased. They have will soon double to amount of countries on their platform, leading to an ever increasing demand for new systems, cool features and a continuous search to improve scalability and performance!
That is why we are now looking for a tech savvy backend engineer with a love for Golang to join one of the elite backend squads working on mission critical backend services used by hundreds of millions of users every day, processing billions of messages.
Your role: Experienced Golang Engineer Amsterdam
As an Experienced Golang Engineer you will play a fundamental role in the further design and development of mission critical communication systems, used by hundreds of millions of consumer clients daily. You will be part of a rock solid team of engineers, with deep fundamental knowledge about designing heavily distributed backend systems, with insane and ever increasing requirements. If you love to learn and continuously work on non-trivial challenges you have come to the right place!
As Experienced Golang Engineer you will help architect hyper scalable backend systems, help migrate to GCP, you will help to drive innovation within the teams (happens bottom up over here!) and continuously develop great features and services. As the number of countries on boarded onto the platform will double, you are moving to GCP and the performance needs to quadruple you have enough to keep you challenged for years!
Within your role, you will also get a lot of freedom and responsibility to work on what you think is best. There is no micromanagement! You are only responsible for the end results!
What is required?
- 4+ years of experience with backend development
- A passion to work with Golang, experience is preferred
- Experience within public cloud environments like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with NoSQL, Cassandra would be a plus
- DevOps mentality: you write it, you own it!
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- You thrive within an organization with lots of freedom and autonomy
- A completed BSc or MSc Beta education, like Computer Science, is a plus
What is offered?
- Up to € 90.000 gross per year based on knowledge and added value
- Indefinite contract
- 26 holidays
- Laptop or MacBook
- Training budget
- Freedom to go to seminars, or do courses
- travelling cost compensation
- Flexible working hours
- 1/6 paid for childcare
- massages every two weeks
- € 40 net per month for health insurance
- 50% discount on gym membership
- bicycle plan every 3 years
- after 5 years of working a sabbatical for 1 month
Are you a true software engineer looking to work on non-trivial backend challenges of scale?