Vacature Big Data Software Engineer Amsterdam | Scala, Spark, Neo4J, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, AWS | Huge Amounts Of Real-Time Data Offering Insights For Society | €90.000 based on 36h!
Your job: Big Data Software Engineer Amsterdam
- Do you love product development on real time ML powered insights/recommendation systems with 300 trillion+ calculations with a global impact in academia and medical research?
- Would you love to work within a data driven development team to work on amazing product features while transitioning to a microservices architecture?
- How about being able to work with Scala, Spark, Neo4J, Cassandra, Kafka, AWS and ElasticSearch, while enjoying working from home, very flexible working times and amazing benefits?
Wait no longer, this is the job you have been waiting for!
Your employer: The Global Player in Offering Unparallel Real-Time Insights within Scientific and Medical Research
If you love software engineering, data engineering, impactful, non-trivial work while working with highly intelligent and passionate colleagues, for an organization with a global impact you have come to the right place! This Real-Time Data insight Powerhouse is a household name within their industry and has some of the advanced data teams on the face of the planet. Their leading software products enable key figures within science, medical and government to make the best decisions they can, through advanced insights and recommendations. Something that especially in these times is crucial!
Due to continuous demand for their data products they are investing heavily. Hiring more great engineers to join, moving to a microservices setup, removing technical depth, and continuously enhancing the features of their market-leading product to be able to answer questions that have not even been asked yet!
Working here means you are part of something special! Both in sense of the impact, you have on the planet as well as being part of their culture. On top of that you get solid benefits: flexible working hours, very flexible working from home possibilities, buying stock with a discount, big training budgets, free gym and discount on health insurance as well as a discount on electronics for personal use.
The role: Big Data Software Engineer Amsterdam
In your role as Big Data Software Engineer Amsterdam, you work within one of the key Amsterdam based multidisciplinary (backend, data, frontend) product teams. You will get the chance to help work away technical depth, move to a microservices (and cloud) setup, enhance the impressive real-time data product which processes over 300 trillion calculations in real-time!
You bite down on challenges around PoC’s, analysis of the data, distributed computing, converting new metrics to technology, developing API’s, increasing performance, and implementing algorithms. All while the data sources are continuously increasing. You will get to lead one of the international development teams to work on these real time ML-powered systems that are able to answer highly intelligent questions on the fly.
What is required?
- 3+ years of hands-on professional development experience
- Experience within an environment that crunches (real-time) data for insights
- A solid understanding of distributed platforms
- A strong product development mindset
- Professional experience with Scala + Spark
- Experience with graph databases like Neo4J is a big plus
- Experience with Cassandra (or other NoSQL solutions), Kafka and/or ElasticSearch is a big plus
- Experience working on public cloud is a big plus
- Experience moving towards a microservices environment is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 74.000 to € 90.000 per year, based on knowledge and added value
- flexible working hours + working from home possibilities
- stock purchase plan with 10% discount
- 5% discount on health Insurance
- discount on Dell and Apple products
- Solid pension
- € 100 per month for your home office
- access to over 400 training courses, videos and books
- several online management and leadership development programs + career scans
- 2x per year possibility to enroll into the career roadshow
- 27 holidays per year
- disability insurance
- 2 days per year for volunteer work
- 16 weeks of maternity leave
- 4 weeks of family care leave
- free gym facilities in the Amsterdam office
- 1x per amazing year end of year party
- every 5 years being able to go on unpaid sabbatical for 3 to 6 months
Would you love to play a fundamental role in further global research within academia and medicine as a Big Data Software Engineer Amsterdam?