Vacature Backend Java Developer Cloud Utrecht | Introduce the world to Cloud Native Development | AWS & GCP | Salary and conditions €100,000+ & permanent contract
Vacancy: Backend Java Developer Cloud Utrecht
- Do you also believe that the future lies in serverless and Cloud Native Development?
- Would you like to work at a fast-growing Scale up, where you can still influence the course of the organization?
- Do you want to work for clients who are leaders in their field and where IT is the heart of the organization?
- Does the ecosystem of AWS or GCP have very limited secrets for you?
Then we have the ideal job for you!
Your employer: Introduce the world to Cloud Native Development
The Cloud is these days has become very important in today’s world. Many major tech companies Cloud is the way to go or even developed their own version of this Cloud. Yet this is a world that is constantly on the move. Cloud Native is one of the biggest eye catchers in modern software development.
This club of Cloud Native Developers helps organizations with large IT systems to fully migrate to the Cloud and develop the software in it. So they don’t develop traditional software and host it within one of the well-known Cloud Providers but build Software within the ecosystem of Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform. Think of the organization from the branches: E-Commerce, Logistics, FinTech, Energy, Care, and Government. In this way, you help your customers to scale even faster, get more value from their development resources, make them future-proof and save a lot of time & costs. This makes it possible for you to add more value to the industry in which you are active, all because of your knowledge.
The organization is characterized by its very open culture and passion for technology. Here you will have colleagues who speak at conferences, active meetups, and have many knowledge days or R&D days. You can invest a lot of time from the boss in self-development and FUN is the common factor here. Because all your colleagues have become an engineer for fun! Furthermore, the organization is flat and there is no management besides the founders.
Your role: Backend Java Developer Cloud Utrecht
As Backend Java Developer Cloud Utrecht you will work in a rapidly growing organization that is part of a group with the best Java, Kotlin, Cloud, Big Data & Front-end Software Engineers. These different groups are united in different organizations, each with its own discipline. However, they work closely together to get added value from different knowledge areas and to offer customers even greater added value.
In your role as a Backend Java Developer Cloud Utrecht you will advise your clients on what a good Cloud architecture looks like and you will help set it up. You will also help them develop their software in the Cloud. You are therefore also familiar with the tools that AWS or GCP provide like EC2, S3, Lamda, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes Engine, Dataflow, and BigQuery. You advise on the cost aspect, so that budgets can be used more effectively and therefore useful things are developed, instead of paying unnecessarily high hosting or license costs.
The projects and technical challenges are enormous. Some examples of projects where you can get started can be read below:
One of the largest harbors in Europe will develop all its services in the Cloud. You can help think about the design of this cloud architecture en build new features. Building a healthcare platform for a number of African countries, giving the local population access to better healthcare. This also is a 100% Cloud Native solution. One of the largest Dutch retailers will go 100% Cloud native with AWS and need to develop a lot of new services.
Do you want to be part of these challenging projects and build a whole new world within the Cloud?
What is being asked?
- Minimum 4 years of professional Software Development experience
- Experience with modern languages such as Java or Kotlin is a must
- Experience with Node, Golang, Phyton or Scala is a plus
- A completed HBO or WO study
- Experience with working in Agile and DevOps environments
- Experience with microservices architectures is an advantage
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is an advantage
- Experience with setting up continuous integration and delivery pipeline is a plus
- Experience with Amazon WebServices or Google Cloud Platform (both are not required)
- Experience with tools such as EC2, S3, Lamda, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, IAM, Redshift is a plus
- Experience with tools such as Compute & Kubernetes Engine, Dataflow, BigQuery, Datastore and Big Table is a plus
- Experience with Hashicorps products such as Terraform is a plus
What is offered?
- Basic salary between € 65000 and € 85.000 based on knowledge and experience
- + Mobility allowance worth € 8400 per year, which will be paid as salary
- + Bonus scheme up to 2 monthly salaries
- = Salary package of € 100,000+ and the opportunity to grow further€ 1200 Net expense allowance per year (€ 2400 gross)
- 26 vacation days
- Excellent pension plan
- Unlimited training budget
- Free time and budget for visiting conferences and meet ups
- Laptop and mobile phone of your choice
- Immediately a permanent contract
Do you want to be a leader in the biggest technological change of the coming years and make Native Cloud big in the Netherlands?