Vacature Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht | 100% Remote | Real-time Product make our planet more sustainable | Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Elasticsearch, AWS | Salary € 90.000 + stock options
Vacancy: Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht
- Would you like to have an impact and make our planet more sustainable?
- Do you also enjoy working with a group of highly skilled engineers who inspire each other with their knowledge?
- Would you like to work for a financially stable tech company that raised millions in funding?
- Do you enjoy working on complex backend solutions with technologies such as Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch & AWS?
Then we have your next job!
Your employer: Making the world a more sustainable place with cutting-edge technology
Sometimes there are companies that have stayed under the radar for a long time, and the moment everyone knows them you think I would have liked to be there when they were a bit smaller. Here’s your chance. This tech scale-up is working hard to make the world more sustainable with advanced technology. We do not often come across such companies within the region.
The goal is clear here, focus on an industry where the most returns can be made to make the world more sustainable and green. Hire the region’s brightest techies and focus on such a technically complex domain, and you’ll get into areas where engineers have hardly been. This is exactly what they have done here. The result: millions in funding to shape this further. And not without result, because they work here for impressive clients such as Google Nest and the largest electronic car manufacturer in the world, and many more big names.
The organization has its origins here in the Netherlands, so its development center is also located in the heart of Utrecht. You work in a very flat and transparent organizational culture. As an engineer, you have a lot of freedom here. The organization has embraced remote working and you can fully determine your working hours and even your holidays are not counted here. High trust in their people is key for them.
Your role: Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht
In your role as Backend Developer Kotlin Utrecht you will work in a team of highly experienced engineers. You and your team will be resolving various technical issues related to high availability and distributed systems. You work with complex metadata, solve real-time challenges, set up completely new products and build high-available APIs. All of this is developed with Kotlin, Spring Boot, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch, and AWS.
You also have the opportunity to further develop yourself in different development languages and areas. If you’re interested in Full Stack, you can also focus on the front-end API with React or solve data engineering / Machine Learning challenges with Python / Spark. Here you really get the chance to develop multiple software engineering disciplines. (if you want, you don’t have to)
What is being asked?
- A completed a technical bachelor’s or master’s, such as Computer Science, A.I or related is a big plus
- From about 3 years of experience in professional software development
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ, and/or ActiveMQ is a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or Docker is a plus
- Experience with EDA, DDD, and/or Microservices is a plus
- Experience with Python, Golang, or NodeJS is a plus
What’s on offer?
- Salary up to € 90.000 based on knowledge and experience
- Stock options
- Possible to work 100% remote
- An office in the heart of Utrecht
- The possibility to work 32, 36 or 40 hours &
- Divide hours completely freely
- 25 vacation days, but these are not tracked
- Retirement scheme
- Laptop of your choice
- Budget for your home office
Have you always wanted to work on products for a sustainable world?